Happy New Year!
We have a short half term of just 5 weeks but we have lots of exciting things to come!
- It's History this half term and we will be mapping out the monarchy.
- KIRFs are focussed on the 9 and 11 times tables.
- This half term we will be swimming every Monday afternoon.
- In computing we are programming - the children have loved using Turtle Academy to create shapes with their screen turtles! (https://turtleacademy.com/playground)
As always, please do get in touch if there is anything you would like to discuss.
I look forward to seeing you all again for parent consultations at the end of the half term.
- Term starts - 8th January
- Swimming starts - 8th January (every Monday, until 26th February)
- Parent's Consultations - 7th & 8th February
- FEBRUARY HALF TERM - 10th Feb-18th Feb
Set on Fridays
Due on Thursdays
TTRS and reading diaries checked weekly
Each week, please complete:
- Daily reading
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars (TTRS) practise - 3 minutes daily (1 game of garage)
- Maths (practice KIRFs, which is the 9x and 11x table)
- Topic project
If you have time, it would be brilliant if you could practice some of the statutory spellings (see below). The Sounds and Syllables Crib Sheet (also below) may help you support your child with spelling using the strategies they are being taught in class.
Please just ask if there is anything you are unsure about