Welcome back! By the sounds of it, the children all had a wonderful half term!
- This half term we are moving onto Geography and will be learning all about rivers.
- KIRFs (key instant recall facts) are focussed on 6x table this half term.
- The children will continue learning to play the ukulele - Mrs V (a visitor teaching the children to play) recommends https://www.ukulelerocks.co.uk/ which is free and requires no login to support the children.
We have lots of exciting opportunities this half term including: a workshop at the Hive and a zoom workshop with the author of our upcoming book, Madge the Mermaid.
It was lovely to meet you at parent consultations before half term. Please do catch me at the end of the day/ email the office if there is anything you would like to discuss.
- TERM STARTS - 6th Nov
- 08.11.23 - Trip to Worcester
- 17.11.23 - Children In Need
- 20.11.23 - Pupil Parliament trip to Houses of Parliament
- INSET DAY 24th November
- CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS - 23rd December-7th January
Set on Fridays
Due on Thursdays
TTRS and reading diaries checked weekly
Each week, please complete:
- Daily reading
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars (TTRS) practise - 3 minutes daily (1 game of garage)
- Maths (may be a set task but if not practice KIRFs, which is the 6x table)
- Topic project
If you have time, it would be brilliant if you could practice some of the statutory spellings (see below). The Sounds and Syllables Crib Sheet (also below) may help you support your child with spelling using the strategies they are being taught in class.
Please just ask if there is anything you are unsure about